There are a number of areas to consider with investment platforms:
- The fees associated with the investment platform, including upfront, ongoing and any transaction fees.
- The investment options available within the investment platform.
- The fees of the underlying investments (the managed funds within the platform have fees, too).
- If it is superannuation, what insurance options are available (this is explored in the Insurance Planning module).
- The features offered via the platform such as streamlined access for trading securities on the stock exchange, access to borrowing and other facilities, as well as automatic and periodic rebalancing of your portfolio.