The Commonwealth Home Support Programme can provide services either within the home setting, assisting with social activities within your community, or a combination of both. For example:
Whilst residing at home
- Nursing care – a qualified nurse comes to your home to help, for example, with checking aspects of your health (such as your blood pressure and heart rate), treatments (such as changing wound dressings), and managing your medicines.
- Personal care – help with moving about the house, eating, dressing, bathing and toileting.
- Domestic assistance – help with household jobs like cleaning, dishwashing, clothes washing, ironing and shopping.
- Home maintenance – help with home repairs and garden maintenance.
- Home modification – help with the installation of minor safety aids (such as support rails in your home, as well as ramps).